Doctor insights on:
What Is An Ileoanal Reservoir
An ileoanal reservoir is surgically created pouch to hold stool in a person who has had his colon (large intestine) removed, but still has a healthy anus. The surgeon creates the pouch from the last several inches of the ileum (small intestine). Stool collects in the ileoanal reservoir and then is pooped out through the anus ...Read more
J pouch: Ileoanal reservoir surgery is something used if a person needs their entire colon removed due to disease such as ulcerative colitis. It is an internal reservoir made from the small bowel at surgery to help control your bowel function after colon removal surgery. J pouch is one form, and there have been some other pouches made. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Typically this would mean your whole colon and rectum have been removed and a pouch made from the small bowel (j-pouch) is connected to your anal canal. No colon, no colonoscopy. You may need a pouchoscopy to evaluate the pouch, very distal rectum and anal canal. Same scope, looking at different things. Your surgeon should know when and if this needs to be performed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I am unhappy with the barnett continent intestinal reservoir or it doesn't work properly, what are my options?
What is the size/shape of vp shunt reservoir when it's at its fullest/roundest? Why is it sometimes harder and flatter?
VP Shunt: Probably means nothing unless there is any swelling around the reservoir. If this feeling persists get it checked out by your surgeon ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Vaginal secretions during an orgasm
- I am 7 months pregnant an having ower abdominal pain what is it
- What is the limit of benadryl allergy pills you should take as an adult?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is your bellybutton connected to as an adult?
- What happens if an umbilical hernia is left untreated?
- What is the recovery time after taking an antibiotic for chlamydia?
- What stage is an 8 cm tumor in the lung?
- What is ileoanal reservoir surgery?