Doctor insights on:
What Is An Elevated White Blood Cell Count
Elevated White Count: It all depends on how elevated the results are, but in general this represents a concurrent bacterial infection. ...Read more
Sounds like: It could be an infection or a medication. Hard to say without the clinical context. ...Read more
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Mild increase = yes: Any stress can trigger an increase in adrenal stress hormone levels. This cortisol can drive white cells off their resting place on the inside walls of blood vessels producing a transient rise in the total white count when they enter the circulation. The effect is transient ...Read more
No: A person with a healthy immune system should not be infected by this type of a problem, and thus it should not result in an increased wbc. ...Read more
Unlikely: An increased white count can occur for many reasons (eg, with infection, inflammation, stress response, etc). But just because your WBC is up and you happen to have HPV does not mean the two are related. For your HPV make sure that you are up to date with your gyn exams as this is the best way to prevent HPV related cancer of the cervix. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is elevated white blood cell count?
- What causes an elevated white blood cell count?
- What does a slightly elevated white blood cell count mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have an elevated white blood cell count?
- Elevated white blood cell count means
- Corn allergy elevated white blood cell count
- Elevated white blood cell count no fever
- Talk to a hematologist online for free