Doctor insights on:
What Is Amoxicillin Used For
Amoxicillin: This a broad spectrum penicillin derivative that can be used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. In babies it may be used for ear infection, strep throat, and others. Unfortunately it is often prescribed when there is no obvious need, just to be on the safe side. This practice must be balanced against potential complications. ...Read more
Not recommended tx.: The cdc recommends that gonorrha (uncomplicated) be treated w injection of Rocephin (ceftriaxone) in addition to oral Azithromycin (zithromax) or Doxycycline (vibramycin). Depending on the stage of syphilis, intramuscular of intravenous penicillin is recommended with Doxycycline as a back up for penicillin allergy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Bv is a synergistic infection involving gardnerella and a number of other bacteria. It is treated with Metronidazole oral or intravaginal treatment. Tinidazole and Clindamycin are alternatives. Oral and intravaginal probiotics containing lactobacilli can help. Amoxicillin is not used to treat bv. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is amoxicillin used for ear infections?
- Amoxicillin is used to treat
- Can amoxicillin be used for uti?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is amoxicillin used for bronchitis?
- Can amoxicillin be used for sinus infection?
- Can amoxicillin be used to treat chlamydia?
- Can prednisone be used along with drug amoxicillin?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online