Doctor insights on:
What Is Amenorrhea And How Is It Different From Anemia
Or absent periods may occur form a wide variety of reasons. It may be because you are not ovulating or because you are menopausal or because you have underlying medical problems that interfere with normal menstrual cycle (eg, thyroid). In some cases it may be anatomic like a congenital or developmental problem that ...Read more
17 years female of stunted growth with 1ry amenorrhea & no sexuall charcter ( high ESR & microcytic anemia )?
Many: There are many types. Anemia means that there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells. Probably the most common type relates to bleeding, e.g., from menstrual periods, rectal bleeding, trauma, etc. Another cause is hemolytic - where red cells are destroyed. Another can be bone marrow dysfunction, where not enough red cells are produced. Another is dietary (b12 or iron deficiency). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Types os SIckle Cell: From nih, division of blood diseases and resources: sickle cell disease-ss: 65% of us patients; genotype s/s sickle cell disease-sc: 25% of us patients; genotype s/c sickle cell disease-s beta + thalassemia: 8% of us patients; genotype betas/ beta + thalassemia sickle cell disease-s beta 0 thalassemia: 2% of us patients; genotype betas/ beta 0 thalassemia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Which drugs cause hemolytic anemia? Can it be caused by 20 plus day of different antibiotics used?
More than one way.: Some drugs cause hemolysis in people with an enzyme (g6pd) deficiency only. Other drugs may cause hemolysis through autoimmune mechanisms. Some antibioitics can casue hemolytic anemia, different types of pencillins being one type of antibiotic.See this site for more info. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000578.htm. ...Read more
Explanation for myelocytes (2%) in periph blood besides cml etc.? Different sites say inflammation can cause. W/ anemia, is cancer the best bet?
Low blood count is also known as Anemia. Anemia is a condition in which the body has a decreased amount of healthy red blood cells, which normally provide oxygen to body tissues. Common causes may include certain medications, chronic diseases such as cancer, a poor ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lung infection what is it and how is it different from pneumonia
- What does it mean to have a cough asthma how is that different from asthma?
- While what is the cause of my bulging neck vein when angry and how can i hide it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is best way to cure constipation and how long does it take?
- Not being able to gain weight but still eat what is wrong and how can ichange it
- What is piracetam and how does it work?
- What is a chelater and how often do you use it?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free