Doctor insights on:
What Is Advantage Of Cough Medicine Vs Cough Drops Vs Candy For Cough
Five year old daughter nonproductive cough. Children's Mucinex (guaifenesin) cough medicine not helping. Also tried vapor rub and cough drops. Nothing is helping.
Cough drops: Good afternoon! It depends on what ingredients are in the cough drops. If it contains pseudoephidrine you may cause your heart to race or make an arrhytmia(abnormal heart rhythm or rate) worse and you will get dry mouth. Or if they contain guafensin the active ingredient in Robitussin (guaifenesin) you can get nausea vomiting etc. Just eat candy not cough drops... ...Read more
I got choked on my saliva as I was preparing to eat candy. And like it really choked me up good because like that was like a few hours ago and I still have a cough and my chest still hurts. Should I just take a cough drop and sleep it off?
I have a sore throat, dry cough, and inflamed taste buds. I eat cough drops like candy, when I don't my throat is dry and irritated. ?
Cough: Age of the child and presenting clinical condition are important factors to consider before answering this question.Is your child having breathing difficulty, fever, could he/she have swallowed a small object, how long has the cough been going on, is your child less than 2 years old, does he/she have asthma.Cough is a protective reflex of your large airways, a prolonged cough could be bad.Call your md. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cough drops vs cough syrup
- Throat lozenges vs cough drops
- What do cough drops do?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the advantage of a nuclear stress test vs stress test?
- What is a great cough medicine for a child?
- What is the best medicine for cough and colds and colds?
- What happened to pine brothers cough drops?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free