Doctor insights on:
What Is Acid Indigestion
When acid and peptic juices reflux into the esophagus, one might have the sensation of burning or pain under the breast bone. It can radiate up to the throat and down to the region of the solar plexus. Some may describe it as bad 'indigestion' and others may feel like they are ...Read more
Heartburn issues: Short answer: avoid spicy & greasy foods, tomato-foods, mints, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, chocolate, late night meals before bed. Long answer: distinguish acid versus non-acid causes of reflux, rule out motility problems of the esophagus & stomach, & even consider non-gi related problems that can mimic heartburn (has your heart been checked?). pH testing may be helpful. Tried an acid blocker yet? ...Read more
Heartburn: Acid indigestion has many names including dyspepsia, reflux, gerd (gastro-esophageal reflux disorder), and can result from ulcers and gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining). It is caused by acid entering the esophagus hitting tissue not able to handle it.Burning, sour taste in the mouth, belching, regurgitation of food, cough, pain(stomach, chest), nausea can occur from this irritation. ...Read more
Upper abdominal pain: Medical term is dyspepsia. Multiple causes medication induced from nsaid's (motrin aleve asprin type products) or bacteria infection called helicobacter pylori and many other less common causes in a otherwise healthy person. Problem is usually self limiting with over the counter treatments, however, if persists would seek care from a medical provider. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Abdominal symptoms: Usually, acid indigestion causes symptoms of abdominal pain, heart burn, increased burping or belching, acid taste in the mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other symptoms. Additionally, acid indigestion may also occur without any symptoms. Best to see your doctor if you are experiencing these symptoms, or if you are concerned. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between heartburn and acid indigestion?
- What food source contains all the essential amino acids and is the best source of protein?
- What color is acid reflux?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the relation between high levels of cholesterol uric acid?
- What does acid indigestion feel like?
- What is good to eat if you have acid reflux?
- What is the best and fastest home remedy for acid reflux?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free