Doctor insights on:
What Is A Yeast Infection And What Are The Symptoms
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Oral Nystatin: Oral Nystatin will kill the yeast living in your digestive system and that recontaminates the affected area. Probiotics, yogurt & acidophilus milk will provide bacteria to help restore microbiological balance to the gut. If this doesn't work it may be time to see a physician to check your immune system. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Itching: Itching is the most common symptom of a yeast infection. It typically goes away with an antifungal like monistat or a store brand generic equivalent. Sometimes the vulva and vagina can become red and tender and painful. Discharge can be thick and cottage-cheesy, or it can be thin and white, the type and color of discharge doesn't always indicate a yeast infection, but itching and redness does. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is symptoms of a yeast infection?
- What are symptoms of yeast infection women?
- What are signs and symptoms of a yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a yeast infection?
- What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in men?
- What are the symptoms of a male yeast infection?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free