Doctor insights on:
What Is A Treatment And The Cause Of Meralgia Paresthetica
After 2.5 yrs. Of leg numbness & pain, I have diagnosis of meralgia paresthetica. What are common treatments & likelihood of success after so long?
2nd look: Meralgia paresthetica is burning pain and numb feeling in the outside and front of thigh i.E pant pocket area. Usually it resolves after about 6 months and putatively occurs by a pinching or disease of a nerve called lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh. The duration of symptoms raises some doubt about diagnosis. Also if by "leg" you mean some other area than thigh then also doubt is raised. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See pain neurologist: The cause of meralgia paresthetica is compression of the nerve of your thigh. The common reasons are pregnancy, diabetes, obesity. the good news is that the treatment always conservative and successful in many cases. See pain management neurologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Meralgia paresthetic: It is basically a pinched nerve at the junction of the abdomen and leg (groin). A series of nerve blocks can give the best results along with some specific medications such as gabapentin. Avoiding pressure is better for long term. Avoid tight heavy belts, lose weight if you are overweight. Sometimes it can happen in pregnant women and it resolves after delivery. Good luck ...Read more
I have recently started experiencing numbness on my outer left thigh. If left untreated, will meralgia paresthetica cause any damage?
Neuromuscular: The worst meralgia paresthetica could get is permanent numbness and neuropathic pain in the lateral thigh. This is commonly seen after sudden drastic changes in weight (gain or loss). Most of the time is self limited and improves over time. We recommend madications like lyrica, gabapentin, Cymbalta or Amitriptyline for severe pain only as the recovery occurs regardless. ...Read more
Can meralgia paresthetica on both thighs be caused by catheter insertion in femoral veins during cardiac ablation for a-fib?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the cause and treatment of e coli sepsis?
- What is the cause of a large hard lump in my calf muscle?
- What are the causes of a swelling foot and leg and turning black?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of pain in my collar bone and numbness in both arms?
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- What is causing a burning sensation on the soles of my feet?
- I have a lump on the back of my neck what is that and it itches
- Talk to a dermatologist online