Doctor insights on:
What Is A Safe Blood Pressure Level For A Child
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Varies with age: There are published standards that have been derived through research.These vary with the age and stature of the child. The "normal" 130/70 expected in most adults would be hypertensive for most kids. See:www.Nhlbi.Nih.Gov/guidelines/hypertension/child-tbl.Htm. ...Read more
Consult Pediatrician: Blood pressure evaluation in children is complicated as there are many factors involved including age and body mass index. A pediatrician is the best resource. Getting an accurate blood pressure reading for a child requires an experienced individual. Symptoms of low bp: dizziness, fainting, blurry vision & light-headedness. ...Read more
Many possibilities: There are a variety of issues that deserve screening when a kid has high blood pressure. The kidney is often looked at closely because various chemicals that originate from the kidney help drive the pressure. Other issues of diet & size can also come into play as well as a group of less common factors. Your pcp should work this up or send you to a pedi-nephrologist for answers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Safe blood pressure levels
- What are healthy blood pressure levels?
- What is a high blood pressure level?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is dangerous blood pressure level?
- What level of blood pressure is dangerous?
- What pain reliever is safe for high blood pressure?
- What pain reliever is safe with high blood pressure?
- Talk to a pediatrician online