Doctor insights on:
What Is A Proctologist And What Does He Do
Ask questions!: Whenever you see a physician ask questions. If you are not getting your questions answered to your satisfaction go elsewhere. You should always expect an assistant to be with the physician during an examination. Often the physician will do an anoscopy or proctoscopy - scopes that allow us to see inside. Bottoms up (pun intended)! ...Read more
Several choices: 1) ask your primary care physician for his/her recommendation; 2) call your trusted local hospital for the proctologist(s) affiliated with the institution; 3) search any number of doctor-finder web sites; 4) call the local medical society for proctologists in your area; 5) ask your family and friends who may be satisfied with proctology services they've received; 6) yellow pages. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Careful inspection: The doctor will take a focused history. The anorectal exam has several parts, and can be done with the patient in lateral position or knee-chest position (like kneeling on the table). The perianal area, outside the anus, is inspected and palpated. A gentle rectal exam is next, feeling for any lump or tenderness. A short scope then looks into the anal canal for hemorrhoids and other findings. ...Read more
Do it for the: right reasons, just don't let your mother know what you will be doing for a living. Just kidding.If you have an interest in this area of anatomy and disease, go for it., It can be a very rewarding specialty as long as you expect to have some kidding from the poorly informed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does the doctor do during a colonoscopy and what is he looking for?
- What is a lymph node and what does it do?
- What is a beta blocker and what does it do?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My boyfriend is 55 and has copdhe is having a hard time quiting smoking what can he do to have some energy
- I have a mild cold and my left ear is kind of blocked what do i do
- What does it mean if a babys scrotum is red and painful?
- I have a stuffy nose coughing body aches what is it and how do i help myself
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free