Doctor insights on:
What Is A Pap Test For
Check for cancer.: A pap smear is a test that is used to screen women for cervical cancer. First, the doc will ask you to undress from the waist down and lie on the table with your feet propped up. The doc will then insert a speculum into the vagina, which opens up so the cervix can be visualized. Next, the doc uses a brush to take a small sample of the cells lining the cervix, and the procedure is done. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends.: A pap smear is a test used to screen for cervical cancer, where a doc takes a sample of cells from the cervix. There is a wide range of abnormal results. Some pap tests come back showing you have a virus called hpv which is extremely common in sexually active women. Pap smears can also show that the cells of the cervix themselves are abnormal, showing pre-cancerous or cancerous cells. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pap screens cancer: A pap test or pap smear screen for cervical cancer. It is recommended that you start having pap smears done at age 21. A pap smear is done by doing a pelvic exam with a speculum. This does not test for pregnancy. Pregnancy can be determined with a blood test or with a urine sample. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a pap smear test for?
- What is a cortisol swab test used for?
- What is the normal range for a cea test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the good number range for a thyroid test?
- What happens during a stress test and what exactly is the doctor looking for?
- What is a ghost line for a pregnancy test?
- What is a glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free