Doctor insights on:
What Is A Normal Starting Dose Of Prozac
10-20mg/day: 10-20mg.Get a more detailed answer ›
Fluoxetine (brand prozac) is an antidepressant in the class known as serotonin selective reuptake inhibitors aka ssris. Fda approved in 1987 for the treatment of major depressive disorder. Subsequently approved for obsessive compulsive disorder, bulimia nervosa, panic disorder, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Significantly safer and much better ...Read more
How long does a higher dose of Prozac (fluoxetine) start to get into your system. (Went from 50-60 since Friday)?
Several days: Within 3-5 days I'd expect the higher dose to be stabilizing in your bloodstream. Whether or not that translates into clinical effects for the purpose your doctor prescribed it though is a different story since there may be much more lag time for the body to RESPOND to a medication or its increase than, for the substance to actually get to measurably higher/stable levels. Make sense? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I take Prozac 40mg. Is there any benefit in taking it in divided doses, 20mg each, in the morning and in the evening?
After long term use: Prozac's half life is 4-6 days so taking one daily is the convenient dose. ...Read more
My dr. Lowered my dose of Prozac (fluoxetine) from 20mg to 10mg..Because of the half life does this mean i will have more in my system and if so for how long?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal maintenance dose of prozac?
- What is the maintanance dose of prozac?
- What is the maintenance dose of prozac?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best dose of prozac to take for depression?
- What is a normal dose of cymbalta for depression?
- What is the normal age for menopause to start?
- How to monitor children after starting prozac?
- Talk to a neurologist online