Doctor insights on:
What Is A Normal Red Blood Count
Hemoglobin 12-16: There is more than one way to measure red cells. The most meaningful is hemogllbin level, and should be 11.5 - 15 or so in a woman, and 13.7 - 16.7 in men. The actual range varies with each lab and instrument used to measure. An older way of measuring, hematocrit is about 3 times the hemoglobin. The actual red cell count is usually 5, 000, 000, but doesn't carry as much information as hemoglobin. ...Read more
Umbilical hernia. Surgery on Tues. no redness, but very painful. Lactic acid and blood count was normal. Haven't had bowel movemnt in over 24 hrs. ER?
Call your surgeon: Does not sound bad, but if your are concerned, call your doctor to get specific recommendations. ...Read more
My red blood count is 2, white blood count is 4.4, hemoglobin is 7.8, was 5 in in august, what can be done to get it back to normal?
Wow: Those numbers are not good at all - you need to see a hematologist ASAP!!!! ...Read more
Normal ranges: Each lab must establish their own normal range for the tests they offer, so there can be some variation between labs. In general, platelets run between 150000-450000/ml WBCs between 3,5000-105000/ml, and RBCs between 3.9-5.0 million/mL. The rbc count is lower for women than for men due to the impact of menstruation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal red blood cell count range?
- What is a normal red blood cell count?
- What is a normal white blood cell count?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a normal white blood cell count for women?
- What is a normal white blood cell count in children?
- What is a normal blood count for women?
- What is the normal range for red blood cell count?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free