Doctor insights on:
What Is A Normal Red Blood Count
Hemoglobin 12-16: There is more than one way to measure red cells. The most meaningful is hemogllbin level, and should be 11.5 - 15 or so in a woman, and 13.7 - 16.7 in men. The actual range varies with each lab and instrument used to measure. An older way of measuring, hematocrit is about 3 times the hemoglobin. The actual red cell count is usually 5, 000, 000, but doesn't carry as much information as hemoglobin. ...Read more
Umbilical hernia. Surgery on Tues. no redness, but very painful. Lactic acid and blood count was normal. Haven't had bowel movemnt in over 24 hrs. ER?
Call your surgeon: Does not sound bad, but if your are concerned, call your doctor to get specific recommendations. ...Read more
My red blood count is 2, white blood count is 4.4, hemoglobin is 7.8, was 5 in in august, what can be done to get it back to normal?
Wow: Those numbers are not good at all - you need to see a hematologist ASAP!!!! ...Read more
Can not be high&low: Your red blood cell can not be high and low at the same time.Normal values for males 4.7to6.1 millions/mcl and for women it is 4.2to5.7millions/mcl causes of high rbcs1 cigarette smoking, 2dehydration3polycythemia vera4congenital heart disease5low blood oxygen level6kidney tumor7pulmonary fibrosis&corpulmonale causes of low rbcs 1anemia2bone marrow failure3bleeding4leukemia&mm4iron, b12, and defecien. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal red blood cell count?
- What is the normal range for red blood cell count?
- What is a normal red blood cell count range?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal red blood count for women
- Normal red blood count range
- What is normal blood count?
- What is a low red blood count?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free