Doctor insights on:
What Is A Normal Blood Sugar Level Reading
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Is 11 hours fasting fine for fasting blood sugar level test or is too much and will give inaccurate reading or lesser reading?
Sounds fine: A variety of blood tests gives more accurate results if the patient has not eating food, drank beverages other than water, or taken certain medications that might influence test results. For checking fasting blood sugars, a patient can fast overnight (about 10 hours, but 8-12 hours should be fine) and then give his blood sample before taking his morning vitamins or medications. ...Read more
Normal: I don't quite understand the question. You should only be checking your blood sugar regularly if you have diabetes. In that event I would strongly advise you not to put sugar in your coffee. If you don't have diabetes there is no need to be concerned about sugar in your coffee but not too much or too often. ...Read more
100 and 140: A normal blood sugar on an empty stomach before breakfast is 100 or less. Two hours after breakfast anything under 140 is considered normal. Fasting sugar over 125 and a 2 hour sugar over 200 is considered diabetes. In between these numbers is called impaired fasting glucose or impaired glucose tolerance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Less than 140 mg/dL: Less than 140 mg/dl.Get a more detailed answer ›
Standard: Less than 120 less than 200 after ask your doc about hba1c - measures average over 6 weeks with one test. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should a normal blood sugar reading be?
- What is a normal blood sugar reading for a diabetic?
- What is the normal sugar level in blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a normal level of sugar in the blood?
- What is normal blood sugar reading 2 hours after eating?
- What is the normal blood sugar level for diabetics?
- What is the normal blood sugar level for children?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free