Doctor insights on:
What Is A Normal Blood Sugar Level For A Diabetic
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
What are the normal blood sugar levels for non diabetics. I get numbers some times in the 140s- 160's. Not diabetic want to figure if it's normal.
Fasting vs nonfastin: Fasting blood sugar level should be between 60-99 (some lab range is up to 110). 100-124 is considered glucose intolerance, and 125 or above is diabetic. Testing for a protein product called a1c is useful. Any random sugar level above 200 is also considered diabetes. Right after meal sugar can be high-up to 160 within first hour. Anyway, i suggest checking with doc for eval. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood sugar level: 70-120 would be best.Get a more detailed answer ›
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See below: Normal blood sugar varies by the timing of eating. Fasting levels run between 65-100mg(normal people) . Post eating the values go up between 100mg to 180mg(normal individuals). Diabetetics will have values slightly higher than in normal people. Cholesterol level should be under 200mg. But it is important to obtain a lipid profile whic includes levels of all fats including triglycerides, ldl/hdl. ...Read more
Yes but it takes har: Diabetes can be reversed as long as it is in the prediabetes stage. But it requires a lot of effort to make lifestyle changes. This would include getting the weight down to a healthy level...Losing 5-10% of body weight is required. This can be done with reduction in caloric intake(eating less) and exercising daily for minimum of 30 minutes. More than half of the folks can bring down their sugar. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the normal blood sugar level for diabetics?
- What is the normal blood sugar level for non diabetics?
- What is the normal blood sugar level for a diabetic?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the normal blood sugar for a diabetic?
- Normal non diabetic blood sugar levels
- Normal blood sugar levels for non diabetics
- What is the normal sugar level in blood?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free