Doctor insights on:
What Is A Normal Bilirubin Level
Bilirubin is the potentially toxic product of heme metabolism. It is formed by breakdown of heme present in hemoglobin, myoglobin, cytochromes, catalase, peroxidase and tryptophan pyrrolase. Eighty percent of the daily bilirubin production comes from hemoglobin. It requires conversion to a water-soluble form before elimination from the body by ...Read more
What are normal total and direct bilirubin levels? Some say for total <1.0, <1.5, or <1.9. My lab used <1.0 and my total was 1.5. Direct was 0.2.
My bilirubin level is higher than normal value what should I do to bring it back to normal?And should I exercise during this time?
My bilirubin level is slightly higher than normal .Does it affects my mood? What food should I eat or avoid eating to make it normal level? Thank you
High: Normal values for labs are slightly different but usually normal total bilirubin levels are 0.5 to 2.0 mg/dl. Check the units of measure too. if your lab is using other than mg/dl then 10 may be normal. It is always best to check the normal values for the lab that has run your test. If you call them or your doctor's office they should be able to tell you definitively if your lab is abnormal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal bilirubin level in adults?
- What is a dangerous bilirubin level in adults?
- What is considered a normal testosterone level for a 42 yo?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a high bilirubin level in adults?
- What is considered to be a high bilirubin level?
- What is a normal hcg level at 10 weeks pregnant?
- What is a normal hemoglobin level for 2 year old female?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free