Doctor insights on:
What Is A Lyme Disease
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
An infection: Lyme disease is a rickettsial infection caused by a tick bite that spreads the Lyme organism into the human host. It's most common features include skin joint and nerve involvement. Cardigan involvement with irregular rhythm can also occur. This could potentially be life threatening ...Read more
Bulls eye rash: One of the earliest signs that lyme disease has been contracted is a rash that has clearing in the center, or appears as a ring. In this case getting treatment quickly should result in a shorter course of treatment. Symptoms of chronic lyme are: fatigue, insomnia, headaches, confusion or brain fog, joint pain & stiffness, tingling & numbness, weakness and many more symptoms that tend to come & go. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is lyme disease in humans?
- What is herxing with lyme disease?
- What is the vector of lyme disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What not to eat with lyme disease?
- What are the side effects of lyme disease?
- What is the bacteria that causes lyme disease?
- What type of pathogen is lyme disease?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free