Doctor insights on:
What Is A Lyme Disease
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Bulls eye rash: One of the earliest signs that lyme disease has been contracted is a rash that has clearing in the center, or appears as a ring. In this case getting treatment quickly should result in a shorter course of treatment. Symptoms of chronic lyme are: fatigue, insomnia, headaches, confusion or brain fog, joint pain & stiffness, tingling & numbness, weakness and many more symptoms that tend to come & go. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bacterial infection: Lyme disease is caused by a bacteria, borrelia burgdorferi & is commonly thought to be transmitted by deer ticks. However, half of those proven to have lyme don't recall being bitten by a tick. It is proven that lyme can be transmitted by biting flies & possibly by mosquitoes, fleas, spiders etc. It can be transmitted in utero to babies & probably sexually. It can cause many symptoms. See comment:. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a reservoir for lyme disease?
- What is a concept map of coronary artery disease?
- What is the most common injuries that lyme disease have ever done to victims?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of pathogen is lyme disease?
- What sort of disease is a cavernous sinus aneurysm?
- Ca 125 is a marker for what diseases
- What is a non infectious disease?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free