Doctor insights on:
What Is A High Blood Pressure Level
140/90 or greater: There are different categories of high blood pressure, but it is generally accepted that anything greater or equal to 140/90. Importantly, only one of the numbers needs to be at this level. Meaning if the top number is 140 or the bottom number is 90 this is considered high blood pressure. But, this level needs to be reached a couple of times and not just occur at one office visit. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
My partner's just been told that they have high blood pressure 160/98. How fast can this be reduced to normal levels?
SOONER THE BETTER: Sooner than later . Treat BP and get controll ideally 130/83 or lower. ...Read more
No: Uh-uh.Get a more detailed answer ›
Liver function : First of all do you drink lot of alcohol ? There should be a reason for abnormal liver function, if you have hepatits c ? The high blood preure may not be related to that. There may be different causes of high blood pressure, like smoking obesity or high stress or it could be essential hypertension.You have to be evaluated by a qualified physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a dangerous high blood pressure level?
- What is a good daily menu for people with high cholesterol high blood pressure?
- What is considered a high blood alcohol level?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a safe and effective way to lose weight with high blood pressure?
- What is a high fasting blood sugar level?
- What is a dangerous low blood pressure level?
- What is a high blood sugar level after eating?
- Talk to a cardiologist online