Doctor insights on:
What Is A Headache A Symptom Of
Also called cephalalgia, is pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck, & can be a symptom of a number of conditions affecting those areas. It originates from pain-sensitive structures such as cranium, muscles, nerves, vessels, subcutaneous tissues, eyes, ears, sinuses & mucous membranes. It is non-specific symptom & can be primary such as tension ha, or secondary ...Read more
Rarely: If there is a fever, stiff neck, and generalized bodily discomfort, associated with confusion, the headache may merely be secondary to the meningitis infection. Most often, however, headaches are due to migraine, tension or muscle contraction mechanisms, and mainly due to non-infectious causation. This is often sorted out in hospital emergency departments by a lumbar puncture. ...Read more
Headaches and GAD: The anxiety can result in muscular tension in the head and neck region which could result in headaches. Many medications, and one must assume supplements, too, can cause headaches. Pain medication taken regularly can cause chronic daily headaches. Might be best to increase the lexapro dose and decrease the diazepam. SSRI meds have helped migraine-type HA's. Benzo's now may be assoc with dementia. ...Read more
Nonspecific: Headaches can be due to migraine, muscle contraction, hydrocephalus, tumors, hypertension, sinus infections, jaw problems. Tumors and hemorrhages cause headaches due to increased pressure inside the skull when the size is significant. Many tumors, such as meningiomas, may be completely silent, without any pain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is gagging a symptom of?
- What is the best way to get rid of a headache?
- What is a common symptom of the human papillomavirus hpv?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is foul smelling urine a symptom of?
- What is the fastest way to get rid of a headache?
- What is burping a symptom of?
- What is petechiae a symptom of?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free