Doctor insights on:
What Is A Good Sleeping Position After Shoulder Dislocation
Anything Comfortable: You should just listen to your body and sleep in a comfortable position. Your doc and/or physical therapist may have some more specific suggestions depending on the specifics of your injury but comfort is a good guide. (most will find laying on their back with their arm resting on a pillow. Some, who cannot sleep on their back, find using a recliner and pillow to work well.). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A glenohumeral dislocation occurs when the head of humeus displaces in relationship to the glenoid fossa. Most glenohumeral dislocations occur when the humerus slips forward (anterior) on the fossa. A disocated shoulder must be reduced, & a post-reduction x-ray is necessary to check for any fractures/ ensure proper realignment. Dislocations may also cause soft tissue ...Read more
Before beginning ...: Before beginning rehab for a shoulder dislocation, you should be evaluated (minimum of exam and x-rays by a qualified physician) to rule out injuries, such as a fracture, that require early surgical intervention. If cleared, a rehab program, including scapulothoracic stabilization and balanced rotator cuff strengthening, under the guidance of a pt or atc may be safely instituted and progressed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Age/activity dictate: The risk of sustaining a recurrent shoulder dislocation is higher in the adolescent than the young adult. Recurrence risk continues to decrease with increasing age. Contact sports and overall shoulder muscle weakness and poor rotator cuff musculature rehabilitation are also poor prognostic indicators. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dislocation is a condition in which a bone has come out of place from a joint, usually due to a sports injury, a fall, a bike/car accident, or a birth defect. The dislocated joint can have its out-of-place bone put back into proper position, but further treatment may be needed ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are good physical therapy exercises after a shoulder dislocation?
- What is the best position to sleep when you have a broken wrist?
- What is a good way to prevent bruising after giving insulin shot in the stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a good exercise routine after back surgery?
- What is a good way to tape a ring finger to prevent dislocation?
- What is good to eat after a colon cancer test?
- What is a good way to lose weight after having a baby by csection?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free