Doctor insights on:
What Is A Good Heart Rate When Exercising
Exercising several years, good shape & good diet, 28 years old. Heart rate remains around 77-78 despite exercise. Blood pressure down recently 108/75?
I consider myself in relatively good shape but after a workout it takes my heart rate over an hour to get below 100 bpm should I be concerned?
Heart rate recovery : That's a long time to fall. Check with your doc to see if there's a problem. ...Read more
I have a resting heart rate of 90 during the day. I'm 283 lbs and chew .I workout out cardio 4 x per week . Ekg good. Should i be worried?
Calculation: Mhr = 220-age. Remember it's a calculation and not exact number. If no symptoms associated you should be ok. However, why you want to reach your mhr? Know the training zones and exercise accordingly. Ex: 60-70% training zone for basic endurance and fat burning; caloric burning depend on exercise time. ...Read more
What causes an increase in heart rate when exercising at high intensity? My heart rate went from 180 to 220.
Normal response: But that is too high for you -- your maximum should be no more than 180 and keep it there for about 30 minutes for a proper cardio or aerobic exercise -- and do it regularly 3 times a week -- as you get fitter, your heart rate will lower and it will take longer and higher intensity to get to your maximum heart rate -- don't overstress your heart in a hurry -- it's not a goal but a lifestyle. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a good heart rate after exercising?
- What is a safe heart rate when exercising?
- What is your heart rate supposed to be when exercising?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the heart rate for a 70 year old man when exercising?
- How to use a heart rate monitor when exercising?
- What is a healthy heart rate while exercising?
- What are the causes of a heart rate drop while exercising?
- Talk to a cardiologist online