Doctor insights on:
What Is A Good Cure For An Infected Hair Follicle
Warm compress : If no signs of infection, fever, puss drainage or band of redness that is getting bigger around it, apply a warm compress to the area a few times a day and this will help well and quickly. If signs of infection are present or develop, contact your physician or healthcare professional right away. As for the pain, it definitely goes away right after this opens. ...Read more
I have an infected hair follicle on my leg which I've read is folliculitis and is contagious. If my 6 month old gets it, can it be dangerous to him?
I found a small cyst in my inner labia. It is hard, and there is no drainage. It's right where my hair line is down there. Could it be an infected hair follicle or should I be more worried about std's (I already am) ?
Depends: Mild folliculitis usually heals on its own in about 2 weeks. You can take care of yourself at home with warm compresses made with white vinegar or burow's solution. These may ease itching and help healing. Also, medicated shampoo can be used to treat folliculitis on the scalp. If the infection doesn't go away, you may need an antibiotic or antifungal cream. ...Read more
What skin diseases can cause a change of color in the hair follicle in the infected area of the skin?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is an infected hair follicle?
- What does an infected hair follicle look like?
- What does infected hair follicles look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Infected hair follicle symptoms
- Treating infected hair follicles
- Infected hair follicle boil
- Infected hair follicle on scalp
- Talk to a dermatologist online