Doctor insights on:
What Is A Fungal Infection Of The Skin
What is the cause of fungal infection(skin), and how to be cure from it?
I have fungal infection on my Thigh. Please give me some advice.
Fungal infections are clinical conditions in which a person has an infection due to a pathogen called a fungus (in contrast to infections caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites). Fungal infections occur commonly on the skin (including Jock Itch and Athlete's Foot) and can also cause more serious infections in those ...Read more
I have a bad skin fungal infection for about a month, barely started medicating correcly. How long will it clear up, and what meds most effective?
Depends: If the fungal infection is tinea - like ringworm and it has been there for a month then the best treatment would likely be topical terbinafine AND oral terbinafine for at least 14 days. If it is in the scalp then treatment takes longer. If it is more of a yeast infection - like jock itch - then fluconazole might be more effective. That would be treated for 2 - 10 days depending on severity. ...Read more
Skin Fungal Infectio: The short answer is yes, it is possible. However, most skin fungal infections are easily treatable, and actually when they don't seem to respond - it is because they were misdiagnosed. Many types of skin conditions look very similar, and often are ultimately figured out after trying several different medications. Thus, if you are in doubt, go to your dermatologist or pcp for help! ...Read more
Various options: Localized fungal infections such as "athletes foot" can be treated with antifungal creams. Some over the counter examples include lamisil, lotrimin and micatin. More widespread infection or infection of the toenails often require treatment with an oral antifungal. See your doctor if you feel you need an oral antifungal treatment. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the fastest way to get rid of a boil and heal the skin up?
- What is a bump in the skin of my eye socket?
- What is the likelihood of someone being hospitalized for a kidney infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best way to get rid of a bladder infection?
- What is the best way to get rid of a skin black splotchy growth scraping?
- I think the groin rash is due to a fungal infection what can i do
- What is the probability of getting skin cancer from a sunbed?
- Talk to a dermatologist online