Doctor insights on:
What Is A Functional Heart Murmur And What Precautions Need To Be Taken With One
One year old diagnosed with innocent heart murmur (sounds like guitar string being plucked)- "unless it gets worse". How often do they get worse? Why?
Innocent murmur: What the doctor is saying is he thinks based on the sound of the murmur that it is innocent, meaning it is made from the turbulent flow through a normal heart. Sometimes murmurs can denote an anatomical issue. It is not that "an innocent murmur turns into a problem" but rather the doctor cannot say 100% that there is an anatomical issue unless an echo is done. So recommends follow-up ...Read more
What is an s3 heart murmur ? How serious is it? 38 year old woman asymptomatic. Had a baby one year ago
S3 : S3 is the description used for a 3rd heart sound after the typical "lub dub" you hear when listening to the heart. Young people, athletes, and pregnant women often have an s3 on exam and it is considered completely normal. It can also be an indicator of congestive heart failure, but patients often have other symptoms such as shortness of breath with exercise or lying down, fatigue, swelling of extremeties, weight gain and fluid retention, and coughing up pink phlegm. Since she is 38, asymptomatic, and recently had a child, it is likely benign. If she starts to notice any of the symptoms above, she should call her doctor right away. ...Read more
I've had a heart murmur since birth, along with chest pains. Could this be the result of an enlarged heart now? No one knows what is causing my pain.
It could -: You may have congenital heart defects 'hole in your heart' that could cause cardiac enlargement and irregular heart beats or mitral prolapse syndrome with mitral regurgitation (irregular and backflow that can cause cardiac enlargement and arrhythmia as well) -- please talk to your doctor or see another cardiologist for more evaluation and other treatment options -. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I was told I have a heart murmur. It is functional. Should i be worried.?And should I ask to see a cardiologist ? I had radiation 4 years ago.
Normal EKG, heart murmur DR is calling "functional" but papers say"abnormal tachycardic w/quick drop to normal SEM". No treatment prescribed. Advice?
Advice: talk to your doctor and ask for an explanation of what's going on with you ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to be pregnant with twins and have a miscarriage with one?
- What commonly causes a lazy eye and one side of the body to be weaker?
- What is malaise syndrome and can it be diagnosed with a blood test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a safe and effective way to lose weight with high blood pressure?
- What is a heart murmur and what causes it?
- What time of the month is it best to have unprotected sex and not be pregnant?
- I feel a little pressure on my chest right where the heart is what could that be
- Talk to a cardiologist online