Doctor insights on:
What Is A Fasting Blood Test For
What's the minimum fasting period for glycemic blood test?i have hunger pains and I can't avoid to eat too long , maybe I can reach 7 hrs, enough?thx
In a way, yes: If you fast for longer than a day or so, it will alter some blood chemistries. Fasting tests are usually set for an overnight fast, or a 12 hour fast. Prolonged fasting is starvation and it affects the body metabolism. ...Read more
NO: It will change the results. Fasting means fasting. Rinse your mouth out if you're dry. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a non fasting blood test?
- What not to do before a fasting blood sugar test?
- What does a fasting blood test check for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can a fasting blood test show?
- What does a fasting blood test look for?
- Preparing for a fasting blood test
- Psa blood test fasting
- Talk to a pathologist online for free