Doctor insights on:
What Is A Exophytic Thyroid Nodule
In certain cases: Many thyroid nodules need to be surgically removed, while others will never require surgery. Each case is individualized and there are many gray areas. It is really difficult to give a meaningful response to that question in the absence of a history and physical examination. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on problem: 3 major categories of potential health issues caused by thyroid nodules: a) large size affecting swallowing, breathing, voice ; b) over active production of thyroid hormone (hyperthyroid) ; and c) ~5% of nodules are cancer. Methimazole and ptu (propylthiouracil) are pills that block thyroid hormone production, treating b) above. Radioactive i-131 can shrink/destroy nodule, treating a) and b). Need surgery for c). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Complicated question: Most nodules are initially treated with a biopsy. Additional therapy, if any, will depend on the results of that biopsy and any other symptoms or signs associated with that nodule. In truth, the treatment for any thyroid nodule is very individualized and impossible to generalize further. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Exophytic thyroid nodule
- What is a thyroid goiter or nodule?
- What is hypoechoic nodule on thyroid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a nodule on the thyroid?
- What is a complex thyroid nodule?
- What is isoechoic thyroid nodule?
- What causes thyroid nodules to form?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online