Doctor insights on:
What Is A Dry Cough
Possibilities...: Persistent chronic non-productive cough is usually due to bronchospasm (due to any cause), post-nasal drip, gerd or a combination of these diagnoses. An evaluation by a doctor is needed for diagnosis since these all have different treatments. If you smoke, smoking cessation is needed to decrease airway inflammation. ...Read more
I'm diagnosed with Tourettes & hiatal hernia. both cause dry cough. Can it be known what's causing my dry cough. Coughing since 8 y.o,.
Possibilities...: Possibilities include post-nasal drip and gerd, especially if the cough worsens when lying down. Another possibility is bronchospasm or it could be a combination of several diagnoses. The treatments for these are all different so see your doctor so a diagnosis can be made and treatment initiated. ...Read more
Chronic bronchitis..: This could be chronic bronchitis, a form of copd. It occurs mostly in smokers and is not due to infection. You would need to be seen by your doctor and have pulmonary function tests to diagnose this entity. There is no cure but there are treatments available. The most important step to slow disease progression is smoking cessation and your doctor can also help with this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibilities...: If this has been going on for 3 weeks or longer, it is likely chronic bronchitis, a form of copd. If it has been going on for less than that, it is likely acute bronchitis. Your doctor needs to evaluate you so treatment can be initiated. If you smoke, you need to quit immediately and your doctor can also help with this goal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best thing to take for a dry cough?
- What is the cause of a dry cough?
- Dry cough is a symptom of what
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the reason of dry coughing until you vomit?
- My 2 year old has a terrible cough what can i give her that is over-the-counter
- I have a dry skin on my balls and very itchy what is the cure
- What is a cardiac cough?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free