Doctor insights on:
What Is A Difference Between Calcium Channel Blocker And Clot Buster
Apples vs. oranges: They are both cardiac medicines. They are however used for totally different reasons. Calcium blockers are most commonly used to treat high blood pressure. They may also be used to treat chest pain or to slow the heart. Clot busters are used to dissolve a clot in the arteries that supply blood to the heart itself and therefore to limit the amount of heart damaged by removing the blockage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Name says it all: Calcium channel blockers block the channel that allows vascular tone to increase and lowers blood pressure. The beta blockers work on beta recetors on the vessels to lower pressure . The heart has both beta receptors and calcium channels. Therefore betablockers and some calcium channel blockers can slow the heart rate as well. ...Read more
How they work.: Calcium channel blockers (ccb) affect calcium channels in the heart muscle cells. Beta blockers (bb) affect beta receptors in the conduction pathways of the heart. Each act to decrease heart rate and can also decrease blood pressure. Sometimes with ccb, the heart experiences an increase in heart rate when blood pressure decreases. There are different brands and kinds of both medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Will calcium channel blocker overdose (accidentally took 2 days' pills) stop me from going on my vacation?
Too much..: Taking too much calcium chamber blockers such as amlodipine, Diltiazem or verapamil. Overdosing can cause low blood pressure sometimes to dangerous levels. Also Diltiazem and verapamil overdosing can cause very low heart beats. Not a good idea to overdose. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the type: There are 3 types of calcium channel blocker and they have their own unique side effects .The dihydropyridine group such as amlodipine causes shock like picture with very rapid heart beats while the other groups verapamil and Diltiazem cause very slow heart beat and low blood pressure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a blood clot and a bruise?
- What is the similarity and difference between a stroke from clot and ischemia?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a colon polyp and tumor?
- What is the difference between a uti and kidney stones?
- What is the difference between a regular lymph node and a cancerous lymph node?
- What is the difference between a stye and pink eye?
- Talk to a cardiologist online