Doctor insights on:
What Is A Dangerous Platelet Count
It depends: Very low platelet levels risk bleeding. The underlying illness may also be serious. HIV, lupus, hypersplenism from any cause, liver failure -- your first task is to find "why". Are there antibodies coating your platelets? A minimal reduction (say, 100,000) usually means nothing; there's normal human variability. But do get it figured uot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can be serious: It all depends on your other medical conditions and how low the platelet count is. A rough normal range (depending on your lab) is 150-350 for adults. If just under 100, it may not be of serious concern except to watch. If under 50, it gets more concerning and once it reaches below 20 and especially under 10, spontaneous brain bleeds are possible. Also rapid rate of decline is very concerning. ...Read more
What to do if i had a blood test my red blood cell is 4.83 and platelet count 421 is that dangerous?
Not dangerous: Your platelet count is slightly high, normal count being 150-350, 000. Red blood is best measured with hemoglobin level. Although your platelet count right now is of no serious medical concern , it may be worth rechecking it once more in one month and see if it drops below 400, 000. Anything over 450, 000 would need further attention and medical examination by a hematologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dangerously low platelet count
- Is a low platelet count dangerous?
- Low platelet count 120 is it dangerous
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When is low platelet count dangerous
- What is the normal platelet count?
- What is a good platelet count?
- What is a low platelet count?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free