Doctor insights on:
Cures For Mitral Valve Prolapse
Often benign: In general, this condition is benign. It may lead to palpitations, shortness of breath, migraine, anxiety. Mitral valve replacement may be needed if there is severe mitral regurgitation or a leaky mitral valve - rare cases for mitral valve prolapse. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mitral valve prolapse is when the mitral valve that separates the heart's left atrium and left ventricle does not close appropriately. When the heart contracts to push blood from the left ventricle to the rest of the body, portions of the mitral valve move backwards into the left atrium. This can cause regurgitation of blood from the left ventricle into the left atrium. Most of the time a mitral valve prolapse is asymptomatic and does ...Read more
Not sure of quest: Mitral valve prolapse is a description of how the leaflets come together. This may cause the valve to leak. In most people prolapse is a relatively benign process. In some, however, it can lead to severe mitral leak which would need surgery to repair. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Mitral valve prolapse cure naturally
- What are the symptoms of mitral valve prolapse?
- What is the difference between mitral regugitation and mitral valve prolapse?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Mitral valve prolapse dentist
- Mitral valve prolapse with mitral regurgitation
- Diagnosis of mitral valve prolapse
- Mitral valve prolapse prognosis
- Talk to a cardiologist online