Doctor insights on:
What Is A Bursa Sac In The Elbow
What happens when an injury to the elbow causes the bursae sac to leak? Does this cause long-term damage? Can it heal itself?
This : This can usually heal itself. It is important to be sure there is no other elbow injury such as a fracture. A risk is infection, and if the area became red, swollen, or the patient has a fever then they should be seen immediately. ...Read more
4.8cm hard palpable lump next to elbow. U/s said inflammatory process but no bursa. Keflex and steroids no effect.... What should I do?
When to wait: These often are quite irritating but usually resolve slowly over time without treatment. If they persist then there is a surgical option. ...Read more
See 1 more doctor answer
Dx w bursitis, no swelling on tip of elbow, its all inside my inner forearm. I also feel a fluid like sac. 2 weeks since the fall. Normal?
Olecranon bursitis: Occurs at the tip if the back of the elbow . The bursa protects the skin from the bone but at times get inflamed chronically from trauma or even infection. Fullness in the joint or anterior area may come from a swollen joint, the bursa and joint are two different areas ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Fell on elbow, diagnosis w bursitis. 2 weeks of motrin/ice. Inner forearm swollen, not tip if the elbow. Also have a sm fluid filled sac in the area. Normal?
Normal: Sounds like classic olecranon bursitis. Avoid any friction across your elbow. Try using elbow pads if you can't avoid placing friction across your elbow. It could take weeks to months to resolve and you are predisposed to having it again in the future. Draining the fluid is usually a waste of time. ...Read more
Where is located at/: It could be you have develop the so called olecranon bursa.If it is small and not inflamed could reabsorb, however in many cases need drainage and corticosteroid injections and occasionally surgical removal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the benefits of having the heart enclosed in a sac that has pericardium?
- What is the cause of a large hard lump in my calf muscle?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- What is wrong when your period has a clear stringy discharge in the blood?
- What is a chill in the kidneys?
- What is the average size of a 6th grade girl in us?
- What is the most common treatment for a broken vein in the wrist?
- What is a hypoechoic nodule in the breast area?
- What is a good way to rehab bursa sac inflammation in the knee?