Doctor insights on:
What Is A Blood Group
Just the blood type: The major blood types are a+ (a positive), b+, ab+, o+; and a- (a negative), b-, ab-, and o-. That means o+ and o- are just two of the basic blood types. There is no advantage to having one of these blood types, compared to another. ...Read more
Transfusion reaction: Not uncommonly seen in delayed transfusion reactions. ...Read more
Rh factor: The rhesus factor is an protein add on to the blood cell that divides all groups into those that have it or those that don't.People that are rh - can develop a destructive antibody that will attack any rh + cells & cause a transfusion reaction. Rh + cells don't react to rh- . The rh reaction is much more trouble than most problems with a to o or b to o reactions. ...Read more
Genetics: Your blood work , just like the color of your eyes, your hair, the shape of your face etc- is inherited from your parents. It is created from combination of your parents's genes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the 4 blood groups?
- What is the result of blood culture in group b streptococcal infection?
- What happens if husband and wife have same blood group?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Same blood group marry
- Blood group incompatibility jaundice
- Different blood groups
- Blood groups and personality
- Talk to a hematologist online for free