Doctor insights on:
What Is A Blood Group
Just the blood type: The major blood types are a+ (a positive), b+, ab+, o+; and a- (a negative), b-, ab-, and o-. That means o+ and o- are just two of the basic blood types. There is no advantage to having one of these blood types, compared to another. ...Read more
Transfusion reaction: Not uncommonly seen in delayed transfusion reactions. ...Read more
Genetics: Your blood work , just like the color of your eyes, your hair, the shape of your face etc- is inherited from your parents. It is created from combination of your parents's genes. ...Read more
Unfinished question: However, blood groups really are of little concern to couples planning to become parents. If you're Rh negative and Baby gets a positive from Dad, your physician can manage this and usually prevent trouble. ...Read more
Your Children: Your childrens' blood types can be A, B, or AB. They all will be rh positive. ...Read more
Rh factor: The rhesus factor is an protein add on to the blood cell that divides all groups into those that have it or those that don't.People that are rh - can develop a destructive antibody that will attack any rh + cells & cause a transfusion reaction. Rh + cells don't react to rh- . The rh reaction is much more trouble than most problems with a to o or b to o reactions. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is wrong when your period has a clear stringy discharge in the blood?
- What does it mean when blood is found in a pregnant woman urine?
- What if my blood sugar is 150 after a meal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is est gfr non afr in a blood test?
- What is the difference between a blood clot and a bruise?
- What is a normal white blood cell count?
- What is a normal blood sugar level reading?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free