Doctor insights on:
What Is A Bird Flu
Bird Flu Vaccine: Vaccine to protect against avian influenza (bird flu) also known as strain h5n1. This is different from the annual flu shot and the recent swine flu vaccine h1n1. The vaccine is kept in stockpiles for use in the event of an outbreak. Currently it is not a routine vaccine since avian flu rarely infects humans. People who work with poultry are most likely to be infected. ...Read more
Influenza H5N1 var: This years influenza variant was first noted in wild birds and is the h5n1 type - so its an influenza virus that people contracted from birds in asia. It responds well to most influenza drugs. It is not a particularly deadly form of the virus - but note that influenza does lead to the deaths of thousands of americans a year every year. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the scientific name of the bird flu germ?
- What happens if a child is given an adult flu shot?
- What should i do if my baby is too young for a flu shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a lumbar contusion?
- What is a vascular mole?
- What is a turtleneck penis?
- What is a liver laceration?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online