Doctor insights on:
What If You Hit Vein When Giving Insulin Shot
No big deal: This is actually not uncommon and it could happen to anyone. The simple answer is nothing major will happen to you if you do this. You most likely will have a small bruise. The Insulin also could "peak" quicker than before so it might be prudent to check your blood sugar more on the day that this happen. We give Insulin through the iv's quite frequently to treat hyperglycemia in the hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably nothing: Several studies have shown to increase in injections if you do not disinfect, but it is still a good idea to do so. ...Read more
Ice!: My advice to our pediatric patients is to ice the injection site for about 30-60 seconds prior to giving the injection. The cold helps to shrink away the capillary blood vessels which may get punctured during a shot and therefore helps to decrease bruising. ...Read more
Maybe not: We often worry about transmission of diseases such as HIV or hepatitis with needle sticks , but if u know your sister does not have these then testing is useless. Beyond that, a simple needle/lancet prick would not cause you harm--your sister does that every day. If you are still concerned, consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
A kid in ny school was stupid and took 100 units.Of insulin (shot) for fun. What will happen to hin?
Needs immediate care: If this just happened he needs to go to an emergency room right away! that much Insulin is a life-threatening dose, and could lower his blood sugar so severely that he could have seizures and permanent brain injury. If it was more than 4 hours ago and he suffered no ill effects he will likely be ok, but you're right, it was a very stupid thing to do! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you hit a vein injecting for diabetes?
- What could it mean if you get hives when you get your menstral period?
- What happens if you only get one gardasil shot and refuse the other two?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if you inject alcohol in to a vein?
- What you should feel when giving yourself a rectal exam?
- What does it mean if you have double vision when you wake up?
- What exactly happens if you have a tampon stuck in you and it hurts when you pee?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free