Doctor insights on:
What If My Arm Muscles Are Too Big
Yes: You can work with a trainer if this is your desire. Going for big guns. These exercises help to build arm muscle: push downs, pin presses, dumbbell wrist curls, dips, rolling extensions, barbell wrist curls, preacher curls, chin ups, lying barbell triceps extensions, thick grip curls, concentration curls ; lying dumbbell triceps extensions. ...Read more
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
My son is 11 & going through puberty. He's concerned to have big arm muscles like some of his more developed boys. Is it ok for him to work out & how?
Depends: The aap & sports medicine groups encourage a delay in power lifting/heavy lifting until skeletal maturity. This varies with each kid & generally equates to final height & pubertal stage. Lifting technique and exercises with lower weight loads can be started earlier under the supervision of trained coaches. Such limitations are meant to reduce the rate of injury in each age group. ...Read more
If feels as if the muscles in my arms are in big knots. They hurt all the time. What could this be?
Severl possibilities: IF you can give us more information. In brief though muscles can go into spasm and feel tight. Causes of this are repetitive stress injury, tendonitis, radiculopathy, vitamin deficiency to name a few. It would be good to see a PMR or Neurologist for a EMG and labwork to evaluate these possibilities and have them consider treatment such as Physical therapy with active release. ...Read more
It is sunday so there is no medical centres open but I have a lump in the arm which is sending a pain to my muscle it is kind of big and round 1week?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If my muscles are sore after running a marathon what can i use
- What are the symptoms if my tooth infection has spread to my brain?
- What does it mean if my big toe nail is turn dark and getting very hard?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are my nipples too big for my breasts they seem big and brown?
- What does it mean if my big toe is numb?
- What does it mean if the blood vessels in my head are inflamed?
- What is this slowly growing lump on my arm not too hard maybe lipoma?
- What does it mean if my belly muscles are in spasm?