Doctor insights on:
What If I Dont Get A Cast For My Broken Hand
Supposing you already had a broken hand in a cast & you fell very hard on that hand, could you get a broken wrist too?
Fracture: Varies depending on severity of fracture, displacement, age of patient, smoking status, etc. In general, most fractures that are minimally displaced will heal in 6-8 wks. Most displaced fractures can take longer and may not heal at all. Surgery may be needed to approximate the ends of the bone if widely separated. ...Read more
I have had a broken hand taken out of a cast and put in a splint how long till I can do heavy lifting again?
It depends: This is highly dependent on the type of fracture you had, location of the fracture and how long it had been in a cast. Most fractures are healed in 6-8 weeks, but the final decision should be made by the person most familiar with your particular situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Suprisingly a cast : Is often lighter than you think, less than a pound often. But it is inconvenient at times, weight that you may not be sued to holding all the time and often the part that the cast is on is not being utilized normally. Gentle elevation while sleeping woth apilow on the chest often hels swelling which can also make th hand feel "heavy" slings are ok but be careful that a sling is not overused. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What some arm workouts i can do while my broken hand is in a cast?
- What happens if i dont get surgery for a hernia?
- What will happen if i let a deep cut on my hand heal on its own without stitches?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do doctors determine whether i need a hard cast or a soft cast for my hand?
- What kind of a doctor should i see for joint pain in my hand?
- What does it mean if i get my period twice a month?
- What happens if you wait too long to get a broken hand looked at?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free