Doctor insights on:
What If I Dont Get A Cast For My Broken Hand
Depends: Depending on the severity and location of the fracture, you would be placed either in a cast or a splint. If the fracture involves multiple fragments of bone or extends into a joint or the fragments have separated significantly, you need surgery to fix the bones with screws and plates. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Supposing you already had a broken hand in a cast & you fell very hard on that hand, could you get a broken wrist too?
Fracture: Varies depending on severity of fracture, displacement, age of patient, smoking status, etc. In general, most fractures that are minimally displaced will heal in 6-8 wks. Most displaced fractures can take longer and may not heal at all. Surgery may be needed to approximate the ends of the bone if widely separated. ...Read more
Suprisingly a cast : Is often lighter than you think, less than a pound often. But it is inconvenient at times, weight that you may not be sued to holding all the time and often the part that the cast is on is not being utilized normally. Gentle elevation while sleeping woth apilow on the chest often hels swelling which can also make th hand feel "heavy" slings are ok but be careful that a sling is not overused. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What some arm workouts i can do while my broken hand is in a cast?
- What can i do to get rid of stinky smell from my hand cast?
- Do you get a cast for a broken hand?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Broken hand in a cast
- Cast for broken hand
- Does a broken hand need a cast?
- When will i be able to move my hand after 10 weeks on cast
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free