Doctor insights on:
What If I Ate The Day Before A Barium Enema
Barium is a chemical element with symbol ba and atomic number 56. It is the fifth element in group 2, a soft silvery metallic alkaline earth metal. Because of its high chemical reactivity barium is never found in nature as a free element. Its hydroxide was known in pre-modern history as baryta; this substance does not occur as a mineral, but can be prepared ...Read more
Cost varies : There are usually 2 charges for any x-ray test a technical charge and a physician charge. Make sure you ask for the physician fee information as well as the hospital or x-ray center charge when you check costs. Costs vary greatly at different hospitals so you may want to comparison shop if you have no insurance. Also adk if there is a cash discount and/or assistance based on income. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cancer/Infection: Typically, a barium enema is performed to evaluate the colon for cancer, infection, inflammatory diseases. It can be requested when a colonoscopy is incomplete or not able to be performed. See: http://www.Webmd.Com/colorectal-cancer/barium-enema. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a barium enema procedure?
- What will i feel or experience during the barium enema procedure?
- What should i expect after the barium enema procedure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a barium enema and a ct scan?
- Are you required to make any special preparations before barium enema?
- I ate what i wanted and lose weight
- Barium enema pain
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free