Doctor insights on:
What Herbs Are Good To Treat Bradycardia
Slow heart rate is a symptom in which a person's heart rate (the number of heart contractions per minute) is less than normal for the average person of the same size, doing the same activities. For adults, slow heart rate usually means a rate below 50-60 beats per ...Read more
It depends: Bradycardia refers to a slow heart rate. Treatment may only be needed if the bradycardia causes symptoms such as lightheadedness. Slow heart rate may be a side effect of medications such as beta blockers which may be discontinued or reduced in dosage. Symptomatic bradycardia is one of the indications for placement of a pacemaker which can be programmed to prevent bradycardia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A pacemaker: If people have symptomatic bradycardia ie dizzy light headedness etc. The may need a pacemaker. If pts heart rates are low around 30 beats per minute or have 3sec pauses or longer and aren't on any thing like beta blockers etc a pacemaker will help keep the heart rate at a programmed rate to prevent symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Medication: A slow heart rate can be normal in fit individuals at rest. Many medications, notably beta blockers, slow the heart rate. A slow heart rate can also be due to disease of the av node, which conducts impulses from the atria to the ventricles. This can be due to scarring from heart attack or aging, and is seen in some infections such as lyme disease and chagas disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are good oils and herbs to treat acne?
- What are some good minerals and herbs to help a bone fusion after having surgery?
- What herbs are good to reduce ovarian cysts pcos?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What probiotics are good to treat a yeast infection?
- What vitamins are good to increase appetite in adults?
- What vitamins are good to strengthen ligaments tendons?
- What are the best ways to treat a deep muscle bruise?
- Talk to a cardiologist online