Doctor insights on:
What Happens You Leave Rectal Cancer Untreated
Cancer by definition is the growth in size and number in an unregulated manner of a cell line that has developed a mutation. The mutation is passed through the offspring which accumulate more and more mutations. The defining factor is that the cells act immortal as compared to normal cells that have a programmed lifespan. In the rectum this can occur in the cells that ...Read more
Yes, if early enuf: Like other cancers, rectal cancer has better prognosis (outlook) if diagnosed and treated at an earlier, rather than later stage. Very early cancers can be cured with burning the tissue. More advanced will likely need radiation/chemo/surgery in varying combinations and timing. Can be cured, but unfortunately, not always. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: People over age 50 with high-fat, low-fiber diet ("western') are at increased risk for developing polyps which can turn cancerous over time. Alcohol intake may be linked and patients with inflammatory bowel disease are also at a higher risk. Family history can increase the risk in patients too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Rectal cancer, like any cancer needs - 1) diagnosis, 2) staging and prognosis, 3) treatment. Early rectal cancer may be treated by surgery alone. More often a combination of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery are required in a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment. Metastatic rectal cancer may depend more heavily on chemotherapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It can be: Cancer is where a cell literally becomes immortal and does not die but can still replicate itself. Genetic mutations cause this. Most genetic mutations that cause cancerous cells happen after we are born, but rarely we can inherit a bad gene. Construct a medical family tree and if colon or rectal cancer affects 2 or more across 2 generations and 1 is less than 50 must talk with doctor ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when you leave colon cancer untreated?
- What happens when you leave colon cancer untreated and it begins to bleed?
- What happens when you leave a broken ankle untreated will it heal by itself?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens when you leave the marasmus disease untreated?
- What happens when you leave a pituitary tumor untreated?
- What happens when you die of rectal cancer?
- What happens if you leave a stroke untreated?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free