Doctor insights on:
What Happens When You Wear Glasses For Long Time
You will see better: Think of the eye as a camera, and glasses as a new lens; the camera does not wear out because the lens was changed. We tend to think that glasses or contacts can make the eyes weaker and more dependant on them. In fact, the eyes do not "wear out" when the proper prescription lenses are used - you just see better! you may also have less strain and fewer tension headaches caused by squinting. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: For most eyeglasses provide improved vision and you will want to wear them to see better. For a few the eyeglasses provide corrections of things like eye misalignment in which case you will need to wear them. Not wearing the glasses for most cases simply prevents you from seeing clearly but does no harm to the eyes. ...Read more
No: This is a common misconception. Wearing glasses to correct refractive error does not make your vision worse or increase your refractive error over time. Refractive error is an imbalance between the length of your eye and it's optical power. Glasses simply compensate for that imbalance. ...Read more
Like you can see: For most people, there are no symptoms when wearing glasses for the first time (or changing glasses). A few people have a feeling of distortion or dizziness that usually goes away by continuing to wear the glasses for a few weeks. If you get nauseated or get a headache, then return to the place you got the glasses for evaluation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you wear glasses with perfect vision?
- What happens if you wear two separate pairs glasses?
- How to know when to wear glasses all the time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you wear glasses and contacts at the same time?
- What happens to an eye if you cover it for a long time?
- What happens when you sit too long?
- When to wear glasses for distance
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free