Doctor insights on:
What Happens When You Take Blood Pressure Medicine And Drink Beer
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
I take medication for blood pressure. Used to drink a lot but now beers taste heavy and thick. Why?
Beer: There is no reason i can think of, why taste for beer should change. ...Read more
Depends of which: But in general, medications for hypertension that are taken once a day could be taken anytime but usually at the same time of every day. Do what is best to remind you to take the medicines (important). Associate the taking of meds with something you do at the same time(i.e.: brushing teeth, breakfast, dinner, etc) If meds are given twice a day try to take them 12 hrs appart ...Read more
Overdose?: Depends upon the type of blood pressure medication. All can cause low blood pressure - and - Generally with the beta blockers and calcium channel blockers you can see very low heart rates and syncope. Overdose of diuretics can cause dehydration and kidney damage. Overdose of ACEI / ARB can cause kidney damage. There are many other meds to be considered but not enough space to detail here. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Are you suppose to still take high blood pressure medicine if your blood pressure is 117/73 and 109/74 thanks?
Yes, but...: Do not abruptly discontinue drugs for hypertension although it is possible to slowly adjust down their dosage in conjunction with lifestyle modification. So, keeping on taking anti-hypertensives until re-evaluated by your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you drink beer and take high blood pressure medication?
- What happens when you take an ambien and drink beer?
- What happens if you drink beer and have high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if you drink on high blood pressure medicine?
- What happens when you drink and have high blood pressure?
- What happens when you drink and take metformin?
- What happens when you drink alcohol and take campral?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free