Doctor insights on:
What Happens When You Leave A Broken Ankle Untreated Will It Heal By Itself
Painful ankle: The outcome of a broken ankle depends on the severity of the fracture and displacement of the ankle joint. A simple nondisplaced fracture may heal without any treatment but many other fractures required immobilization or surgery to prevent further pain, deformity, and arthritis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Varies: In an average healthy person, the fracture will likely heal within 6-8 weeks. However, the sports functionality of the ankle may not return to normal for nearly 6-12 months. This depends on the severity of the initial injury and the subsequent rehab of the ankle. Your orthopedist will guide you through your recovery process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you leave broken arm untreated?
- What happens when you leave colon cancer untreated and it begins to bleed?
- What happens when you leave a pituitary tumor untreated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens when you leave the marasmus disease untreated?
- What happens if you leave a stroke untreated?
- What happens you leave rectal cancer untreated?
- What happens if i leave my constipation untreated?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free