Doctor insights on:
What Happens When You Inject Yourself With Air
Vessel blockage: Air injection puts bubbles in the blood stream which can block off critical portions of the body and cause dysfunction or damage. This of course assumes the injection is also sterile - if not that is an added risk. Injecting air in the soft tissues probably is not risky although it might hurt and the air pressure might mechanically cause some damage. ...Read more
Can be deadly: If you inject into a major organ, blood vessel or the lung this can cause serious problems. However, if you inject air into the muscle or into the skin, then this is not as serious. However, why would you want to inject yourself with air and i recommend you seek medical advice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I accidentally injected a little air into my body while giving myself a shot. Should I worry about it?
No: Small amounts of injected air are easily absorbed. If there was going to be a problem it would happen within a few seconds or minutes. Relax. If you are having symptoms, then check with your doc, but the chances are good you did no harm. ...Read more
Amount?: Remember that the veins are carrying oxygen-poor blood back to the lungs. Small amounts of air are quickly incorporated into the de-oxygenated hemoglobin which is "oxygen hungry". Air in the veins is generally well tolerated. It is not tolerated at all when injected into an artery. Even a tiny amount results in "air embolism" which paradoxically deprives served tissues of oxygen carried by blood. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What happens if I injected 2-3 mil of air into a vein through a cvp line could it possibly cause death within 48 hours?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you inject air intramuscular?
- What happen if you inject cleaner in a vain?
- What would happen if you inject alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What would happen if you inject bleach?
- What happens if you inject alcohol in to a vein?
- What happens if ammonia is injected in vein?
- What happens when you overstretch?
- What happens if you accidentally inject yourself with air instead of insulin?