Doctor insights on:
What Happens When You Get Your Eye Stabbed
Lid or cornea: Herpes can infect the lids like herpes on any part of the skin of the body. It will self heal fairly quickly with no scarring. Herpes on the cornea makes the eye red, may affect vision and can cause serious scarring with loss of vision. This should be seen by your ophthalmologist right away. ...Read more
Chemical burn: First thing is to rinse the eye thoroughly with any liquid, saline is best, but tap water will do. At least 10 minutes. Then get seen by the eye md or er, to tell if you have a serious chemical injury. Damage is worse if the chemical is basic, and less worrisome if acidic. ...Read more
What exactly happens when you get a bright light in your eye and you start seeing spots in your vision?
Irritation: Nail polish is acetone which can cause a chemical keratoconjunctivitis but would not typically be vision threatening and would usually resolve without treatment. Initially immediate irrigation with water would dilute the acetone and limit the ocular damage. Any chemical that gets into the eye should be flushed with water immediately. The most vision threatening chemicals are lyes such as ammonia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if ypur stabbed in the eye?
- What happens when you get blood in your eye?
- What happens if you get lemon in your eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens when you get a cramp in your leg?
- What happens to your brain when you get a headache?
- What happens to your body when you get pregnant?
- What happens when you get your gallbladder out?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free