Doctor insights on:
What Happens When You Get A Cast Off
Requiring a cast: Casts are use to immobilize bones and joints. In this way, injuries to bones and the muscles that move them can be treated by keeping them motionless and allowing the bones to heal and any associated inflammatory reactions to resolve. Therefore, we use casts to immobilize broken bones and put to rest tendon and ligament injuries (requiring surgery or not). ...Read more
Depends: This is dependent on where in the body these plates and screws are located. Would need more info. ...Read more
Depends...: It depends on which bone is fractured and if there is any displacement or angulation. One bone is important (scaphoid) because of difficult healing with compromised blood supply. ...Read more
It may not: Heal properly and may be unnecessarily painful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens after you get a cast off?
- What happens after you get your cast off of the broken bone in your hand?
- What happens when you get off the depo-provera shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens when you get off depo-provera shot?
- What happens when you get a bladder infection?
- What happens when you get a mole removed?
- What happens when you get a flu shot?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free