Doctor insights on:
What Happens When You Drink Alcohol On Metronidazole
I know you can't drink alcohol for 48hrs after taking metronidazole. But what about beforehand? How long do I have to wait after drinking to take it?
Same: Depending on how much you drink, at least 48 hours. ...Read more
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Not yet: You should wait 48 hours.Get a more detailed answer ›
72 hours: My usual answer to that is 72 hours, just to be totally sure that the drug has cleared completely out of your system. I'd rather be safe than sorry with that one, knowing how sick it makes people! ...Read more
I am taking metronidazole 500mg twice per day for 7 days how long should I wait to drink alcohol and what are the risks if i drink while taking it?
I took my last pill (metronidazole) on wednesday with i be able to drink alcohol around 12AM Saturday?
You could...: If you were 21. Good luck! Get better! ...Read more
Hi I was wondering if I could drink alcohol while taking the Metronidazole Topical Cream 0.75% for my acne?
Should be ok: Can't think of any reason why not. Everything in moderation ...Read more
No: If you drink any alcohol at all with Flagyl being taken simultaneously, then you will definitely get very sick and start vomiting! or what we refer to as an Antabuse reaction. This is a well known problem with flagyl. Not a pleasant experience at all. I would recommend completely avoiding all alcoholic drinks while taking flagyl. Period. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when you drink alcohol while on metformine?
- What happens when you drink alcohol when taking phenazopyridine?
- What happens when you drink alcohol and take campral?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens to your kidneys when you drink alcohol?
- What happens when you mix metronidazole and alcohol?
- What happens to your body when you quit drinking alcohol?
- What happens when you drink alcohol and metformin?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free