Doctor insights on:
What Happens When You Close Your Eyes Too Long While Wearing Contacts
You can't see!: There really is no danger keeping the eyes closed for long periods while wearing contacts, unless you sleep with contacts. People with dry eyes can feel as though the lenses are stuck to the eyes, but with proper care and lubrication, there should be no concern. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How do you get rid of bloodshot eyes that may be caused by wearing contacts. Also, how long do contacts generally last?
See an eye doctor: If your eyes are bloodshot, then something is wrong. You may be wearing your contact lenses too much or the contacts may not be the right fit for you. Get cheked to make sure there is nothing more serious going on. ...Read more
It depends: It depends. If you are wearing soft contact lenses, generally 2 weeks is adequate. For toric contacts or gas permeable contacts, 3 or more weeks may be required. If you wore the old pmma contacts for decades, it could take longer. The best rule of thumb is to have the shape of the eye tested (topography) and have that repeated when out of contacts to prove that the shape is stable and not shifting. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long should I wait after my last dose of fluorometholone eye drops (prescribed for allergic conjunctivitis) before wearing contacts again?
They float away: If you open your eyes underwater with contact lenses, there is a very good chance you will lose them in the water. Wear swim goggles over your contacts or don't swim in them. ...Read more
This is only my second day wearing contacts, and every now and then my eyes blur out and I have to blink a lot?
Give them time: Your eyes need to adjust to your new contacts. The lenses may not be the right fit or may be causing you to have dry eyes. If things do not improve within a few days, or you start having discomfort when wearing the lenses, discontinue wearing them and see your eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if you cover your eye for too long?
- What happens to your eyes when you go from dark to light?
- What happens when you never take your contacts out?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens to your body when you work out too much?
- What happens when you sit too long?
- What happens when surgical staples stay in the skin too long?
- What happens to you when you lose too much blood due to injury or trauma?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free