Doctor insights on:
What Happens When Estrogen Levels Are High
It varies: Very high estrogen levels may be a sign of ovarian or adrenal tumor. In general estrogen levels vary with the menstrual cycle. Too much estrogen may cause symptoms such as breast tenderness, weight gain, bloating, water retention, irregular uterine bleeding, headaches/migraines, abnormality of the uterus (hyperplasia) which can lead cancer. Some literature suggests anxiety and depression, etc ...Read more
Unlikely: In a women with monthly cycles who ovulates, estrogen levels normally fluctuate from 40-400 pg/ml. Levels above this are unusual unless a hormone producing ovarian tumor. You may be referring to a lack of ovulation with low Progesterone making estrogen dominate. Your gyn can evaluate. ...Read more
Heavy periods: The symptoms of high estrogen or estrogen dominance are heavy periods with clots, irregular periods that are heavy, water retention, pms, large and tender breasts, growth of fibroids, high blood pressure, diabetes, migraines and severe cramps. These symptoms may also be from Progesterone deficiency. ...Read more
My E2 levels have ranged from 83 to 114 pmol/L. Do I have high estrogen? My Test. has ranged from 172 to 374 ng/dl.
Not necessarily: Your hormone levels are dependent upon the timing in your cycle. For example, if your E2 level was done in the first part of the cycle, this may be within normal limits.( Normal is 21-251 pg/ml). Your Testosterone level, however, is elevated. Normal is 10-40ng/dl. See your Provider for a discussion regarding this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when estrogen levels are low?
- What happens when estrogen levels drop?
- What happens when estrogen and progesterone levels decrease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens in the uterus when estrogen and progesterone levels drop?
- What happens when a persons insulin level is high?
- What happens when lactate levels are high?
- What happens when creatinine level is high?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free