Doctor insights on:
What Happens When Cancer Spreads To The Brain
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
Imaging studies...: If a person has cancer that has spread to the brain from another body site, the person may have symptoms such as headache, confusion, personality changes, seizures, etc... If there is suspicion of metastatic cancer in the brain, then the patient can undergo imaging studies of the brain such as a ct scan or an mri. These studies will allow the care team to diagnoses metastases in most situations. ...Read more
Metastatic cancer: people can die from metastatic cancer from different causes- including: severe infection, severe malnutrition, or organs failure. metastatic disease to the brain should be treated obviously. any occupying lesion in the brain may increase pressure inside the skull/brain.. as the skull/brain is a close space- any increase pressure may cause herniation of the brain stem and it can cause demise. ...Read more
Not necessarily : Many brain tumors are treated primarily with radiation. Some low grade ones may need both ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when colon cancer spreads to the brain?
- What happens when lung cancer spreads to the brain?
- What happens when cancer spreads to lymph nodes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When ovarian cancer spreads to the lungs and brain
- What happens to the brain when you have a stroke?
- What happens to the brain when you speak in tonges?
- What happens to the brain when someone gets a concussion?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free