Doctor insights on:
What Happens When A Blood Clot Is In Your Leg
Clots: Clots may occur in any vessels that have damage to the wall, slowed or impaired blood flow and other clot promoting features. The legs are just more prone to these factors. The length of the blood path and the degree of redundancy of the return pathways makes for slow flow, and the tendency to varicosity further sets up conditions for clotting. Our sedentary habits further make the legs high risk. ...Read more
Maybe: If you have thrombophlebitis, a clot could go directly to the lung causing a life threatening pulmonary embolism. But if there is a congenital hole within the heart, such as patent foramen ovale, the embolism can be paroxysmal and go to brain, causing a stroke. Anti-coagulation can be protective in these circumstances. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
23 pain cold in both legs dull,, happens often no visible swelling spider veins since young.. Not likely a blood clot in leg right if both legs ache?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best kind of exercise after a blood clot in leg?
- What does a blood clot in your leg look like?
- What happens when a blood clot goes to your lungs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens when you get a cramp in your leg?
- What causes a blood clot in your leg?
- What to do for a blood clot in your leg?
- What does a blood clot feel like in your lower leg?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free